1. Initial Interview - The Initial Meeting offers parents the opportunity to learn more about our company and the services we offer. The meeting typically occurs in your home at a time and date that is convenient for you. It generally lasts 1-2 hours, the meeting consists of a review of all prior testing your child has received and a detailed discussion of your child’s current skills, needs, and behavioral issues. The meeting gives you a chance to meet with your child’s consultant face to face, and to ask any questions you may have. To be prepared for your intake appointment, you will need:
2. A Letter of Medical Necessity from your child’s physician indicating that ABA therapy is medically necessary for the treatment of symptoms arising from autism spectrum disorder - If you have questions about this letter, please let us and we will help you to get a letter than will meet the requirements of your insurer.
3. Your child’s insurance cards, and information about the subscriber to the policy
4. Copies of relevant medical, psychological, occupational, educational and other assessments -(Optional, but very helpful).
5. You should be prepared to answer questions about your child’s history, medical needs, behavioral needs, and your child’s strengths and interests. You should also plan to answer questions about your family’s values, culture, and vision for treatment -This information is essential to developing a comprehensive, strength-based and family-centered treatment plan.
6. You should be prepared to read and sign consent forms for assessment and treatment.
7. Please be prepared to provide the intake clinician with your availability for therapy sessions - Staffing for your program may take several weeks depending upon current staffing levels and your availability.